The soft baked Salmon with tangy butter lemon sauce will always make you feel hungry even when you are full. The Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce is a very popular food. Many recipe would suggest to fry/grill the Salmon but I felt the softness of the fish can be preserved only by baking.
I have used orange juice to add the extra flavor of orange to the Salmon. The picture below has been taken after the Salmon was marinated for 60mins.
You need to fold the foil from side first, see the direction below in the picture. The final wrapped Salmon would look like the photo at the right side. You can wrap the way you are comfortable, just make sure the liquid does not come out of the foil. Keep the wrapped fish at the center of the grill.
My husband loves Salmon and I came to know from his friends that every restaurant he went he used to only order Salmon dish. This is a very easy recipe to make at home and you can make it perfect at first try itself. I believe you will love this simple but tasty Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce recipe.
- Salmon Fish (2 fillet) 300 gm
- 6 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- ¼ Teaspoons Black Pepper
- Red chili flakes
- 4 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic
- 4 Teaspoons Chopped Parsley
- Salt (as per taste)
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 Cube of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Half &Half/Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Onion
- Salt (as per taste)
- Pinch of Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Take a shallow bowl and marinate the Salmon fillet with all marinated items listed above for at least 1 hour in refrigerator. You can turn the fillets after 30mins.
- Once the margination is over, take one aluminum sheet and brush it with Olive oil. Then keep one fillet at the center of the aluminum sheet. Brush olive oil on top of the Salmon and add additional marination liquid (if there is any). Wrap the Salmon with the aluminum sheet (refer the photo above) and keep it aside.
- Repeat the same process to wrap the 2nd Salmon fillet.
- Heat oven at 350F/180C temperature and bake the Salmon for 20-25 mins.
- While the Salmon is getting baked, heat a skillet/cooking pan in low flame, when the skillet is hot add lemon juice and whisk it. Cut a square piece of butter (I have used the regular unsalted butter) and mix it with lemon Juice slowly as the butter melts.
- Add salt, pinch of sugar, half and half/cream, chopped garlic & chopped onion and stir.
- Add rest of the butter and again slowly mix it as the butter melts. At the end you will have a thick, white, creamy sauce.
- The trick of making the sauce perfect is to use frozen butter right from the refrigerator and mix it well as it melts slowly.
- Filter the sauce to get rid of the onion and garlic.
- By now the Salmon should have also been baked for 20-25 mins.
- Serve the baked Salmon with the white buttery sauce and boiled asparagus.
We had taken off the skin of the Salmon, you can ask the person while buying the Salmon at the grocery store and they will take off the skin for you. This recipe is best serve without the skin.