Basil Pesto Pasta with Chicken Recipe is a signature pasta dish which can win anyone’s heart by taste and flavor. I used to always look for Basil Pesto recipe in the menu whenever we used to go to any Italian restaurant. Later I got so addicted that I started making this at home. The Pesto sauce is the heart of this dish, which adds all the flavor and taste.
If you have not tried pasta or not a fan of pasta dish then you must try out this Basil Pesto Pasta with Chicken Recipe. Saheli never used to like pasta, but now we make pasta at least twice every week and the Basil Pesto Pasta with Chicken Recipe is of the main motivator of that.
I have made this recipe very simple and easy to make. I have also provided many substitutes in case yo don’t have the exact ingredients. You can make this restaurant quality Basil Pesto Pasta with Chicken at home within 30 mins, a perfect dish for week night or date night special.
We will use all fresh vegetables for the Basil Pesto Pasta with Chicken Recipe. I have used button mushroom here. You can use your favorite pasta, I love Penne Pasta with the Basil Pesto.
Once you make the Basil Pesto sauce it would look like the following. I have used Pine Nuts, however you can use Cashew Nuts as the substitute.
The pasta seems to be almost ready here, added the roasted bell pepper towards the end. In case you don’t have cream or half & half, you can use mayonnaise.
Often we have celebrate our weekend with pasta night. You can purchase the fresh basil leaves from Chinese store.
This Basil Pesto Pasta with Chicken Recipe is a very special one to me. I have made this many many times at home with different types of pasta and combination of vegetables & spices.
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley leaves
- ¼ Cup Pine Nut ( Alternative - Cashew Nuts)
- 4-5 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt (approx.)
- 2 Teaspoon Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- 300-350gm Penne Pasta
- 250 gm Boneless Chicken (Cut into small cubes)
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic Paste
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Seasoning (Cajun) - Optional
- Salt (as needed)
- 200 gm Broccoli (steamed)
- 1 Medium size Roasted Bell pepper (Chopped)
- 4-5 Button Mushroom - Cut & Saute (Optional)
- ¼ CUP Cream/Half & half or 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Sugar (Pinch of)
- Dried Oregano (Sprinkles)
- Garlic Powder (Sprinkles)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 21/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt(as needed)
- Take all the ingredients in a food processor, which are listed above for the pesto sauce and make a paste. Try to use the ingredients according to the actual measurement, and make your home made pesto sauce.
- Heat a pan and add ½ tablespoon olive oil, when the oil is hot enough add ½ Tablespoon Garlic Paste and sauté it for few minutes. Now add chicken pieces, salt, chili flakes and sprinkles some seasoning, then sauté the chicken for few minutes until it has been cooked. Keep the chicken aside.
- Add water and salt to a large pot, put it on medium heat and wait until the water started boiling. Put the pasta & boil them as per package instruction. Once the pasta is soften enough, drain the water. Keep 1 Cup of the boiled Pasta water aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil in a skillet or cooing pan, then add chili flakes & chopped garlic/garlic paste. Sauté them 30 sec.
- Add Chicken, steamed broccoli, mushroom & sauté for few minutes.
- Now add the boiled pasta and mix well. Then its time to add ¾ Cup of pasta water that you had kept aside.
- Reduce the flame, add ¼ Cup of Cream or Half & Half. In case you don't have either of them, add 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- At this time let the pasta cook slowly, it will absorb all the flavors. Cook them until the right consistency.
- Now add the roasted bell pepper. Then add pinch of sugar and 5 tablespoons of pesto sauce that you have already made then sauté for few minutes in low-medium flame.
- At last sprinkles some oregano, garlic powder,1 teaspoon lime juice, pinch of sugar, even adjust your salt level.
- Your Pesto Pasta is ready to be served.