Is there anything more refreshing than a frozen Cantaloupe Popsicles during a scorching hot summer afternoon ! These fruity Cantaloupe Popsicles surely brings refreshment during hot summer days; I recommended having a batch of these in your freezer all the time. Generally kids are often stubborn to have ice-cream and there is nothing healthy than the fruity popsicles.
Popsicles are also good replacement of the dairy based ice creams, specially if you are a weight watcher. You can literally have as many as you want. During the hot afternoons, when we crave for cold beverages, the Popsicles are just perfect. They don’t contain any artificial color or flavor. Cantaloupes generally helps to cool down our body and Cantaloupe Popsicles are not just readily available juicy, tasty , fruity but healthy too
How to make Cantaloupe Popsicles:
At first you need to cut the Cantaloupe in half, then scoop out the seeds from inside. Refer the image below, where I have taken the seeds out of the left half of the Cantaloupe.
As you see below, I have poured the Cantaloupe juice into the popsicles molds. Remember to keep 1/2″ space empty at the top, since the volume of water expands upon freezing. If you are using the wooden sticks then you can place them after an hour when the popsicles are half frozen.
- Adjust the sweetness based on the Cantaloupe & your taste. Generally sweetness always diminishes, when the popsicles freeze.
- Honey can be used instead of sugar syrup.
- If you are using food processor, then you can strain the juice before freezing the popsicles (this is an optional step).
If you want to make the Cantaloupe Popsicles more healthy then don’t strain/filter the juice. I actually haven’t filtered the juice when I made this.
In the summer time in order to stay healthy don’t just limit yourself to just Cantaloupe or any single fruit; you can use any of seasonal fruit in market, which are juicy, ripe and sweet in taste.
- ⅓ Portion of Ripe Cantaloupe (cut onto small chunks)
- ¼ Cup Simple Sugar Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Combine ½ cup water with cup sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring it to a simmer. Once the sugar has been dissolved, turn of the gas and let it be cool.
- In a blender, combine cantaloupe (chunks), 1 tablespoon lime juice, and ¼ cup sugar syrup then blend everything.Make a smooth paste.
- Now strain the mixture and pour into your Popsicle molds, leaving about ½ inches of space at the top of the molds.Carefully push the stick of the popsicles and freeze for at least 5-6 hours.
- Your yummy refreshing cantaloupe fruit popsicles is now ready for serve. Place them under the warm water, so that, the popsicles can came out easily.
- Serve it chilled. Enjoy your summer season.
2. You can use honey instead of sugar syrup.
3. If you are using food processor, then you can strain the juice before freezing the popsicles (this is an optional step).