Cashew Chicken is a very popular Chinese dish, which you can easily make at home. The ingredients are very common and should already be available in your kitchen.
Look at the following picture where I have displayed the ingredients .They are, from left hand side – cashew nuts, red chili, garlic paste, chopped green bell pepper, chicken ( cut in cubes), ginger paste and chopped spring onion.
These are the sauce which I have used in my recipe. In this Cashew Chicken recipe you can either use red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar.The white powder displayed below is cornstarch and brown one is brown sugar. Using all these ingredients I have prepared my sauce.
Here is another look of the Cashew Chicken.
Heat a skillet, add sesame oil, then put ginger garlic paste and stair for few minutes. Now add the chicken cubes.
Cook the chicken for 5 -8 minutes,until the chicken changes the color.Look at picture below and see how the chicken has changed the color and turn into white.
When the chicken has been almost cooked, add roasted cashew and roasted bell pepper.You can also use red/yellow bell pepper .
Here is the full recipe.
- 250gm Boneless Chicken Breast (Cut into small Cubes)
- 1½ Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 2 Teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 Cup capsicum
- ¾ Cup Roasted Cashew Nut
- Whole Red Dry Chili
- Scallion (For Garnish)
- 1½ Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoon Dark Soya Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Light Soya Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegars
- 1 Teaspoon lime Juice
- 1½ Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Cut the capsicum into small cubes. Heat a skillet in a medium high flame, add very little amount of oil (1tsp) and stir fry the capsicum, keep them them aside. Now stair-fry the cashew nuts & keep it aside.
- Add the 2 teaspoon of sesame oil in a skillet and put whole red chili and ginger-garlic paste. Stair for 1 minute. Now add the chicken cubes and sprinkle some salt and cook for few minutes until the chicken would change the color and became soft. Afterwards add the cashew and capsicum, mix the well.
- Take a bowel and put 1½ teaspoon cornstarch, add ⅓ cup cold water and mix them well.Make sure that there are a no lumps.
- Now take small bowl and add one by one the following - sauce, dark soya sauce, light soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chili Garlic sauce, hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar.Mix everything well.
- Pour the sauce in the skillet and cook for few minute until it becomes a gravy consistency.
- Adjust the salt by tasting it. Now your Cashew Chicken is ready to serve
- Add chopped scallion over it and server hot with stem rice/fried rice.