Cauliflower in Coconut Gravy is a perfect complete vegetarian (No Onion, Garlic) recipe you can make on Ganesh Chaturthi. You may think the Cauliflower in Coconut Gravy is probably a common dish that we seldom make at home.However, trust me, it is a completely different recipe.I was totally bored with the regular Cauliflower curry so I made this amazing Cauliflower in Coconut Gravy to change my taste. I used only five ingredients in this recipe. The coconut milk gave the recipe an unique taste.
Wish you !! Happy Ganesh Chaturthi !!! This is a special recipe you can try on Ganesh Chaturthi since its a complete vegetarian recipe (No Onion, Garlic) however very delicious. I made this last Saturday and Abhisek couldn’t believe there is not even Onion or Garlic in this Cauliflower in Coconut Gravy. You will surely get lots of appreciations from your guests.
If you like to eat cauliflower then you must try it out. Generally cauliflower has lots of health benefit. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals, Cauliflower contain sulfur compound which kill cancer cell. It also boost your heart health and your brain health etc.
Look, I have used following five ingredients in the Cauliflower in Coconut Gravy.
I have cut the cauliflower in medium size piece and boiled for few minutes. Afterwards, light fried them. Refer the following image.
- Take 2 tablespoons ghee and two tablespoons vegetable oil and when it was hot enough add whole Garam Masala and whole red chili.
- Here I added ginger paste and stir for a minute (don’t stir for long time because it will burn).
- I added yogurt.
- Added Cauliflower, kiss-miss/raisins, red chili powder,turmeric powder.
- In the following image I’ve used frozen peas or if you like to use fresh peas then you need to boil it before adding.
Here is another look of the final version of the Cauliflower in Coconut Gravy.
- 85gm Green Peas
- 500gm Cauliflower
- 5 Tablespoons Yogurt
- 1½ Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- ½ Tablespoon Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Ghee
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- Garam Masala
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2-3 Pieces Whole Red Chili
- Cut the Cauliflower into medium size pieces. Then microwave it for 4-5 mins in salt water. This will take away the smell and any insects may be there in the Cauliflower.
- Then light fry them in vegetable oil with bit of turmeric and red chili power.
- Heat a skillet in medium flame and add vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add whole garam masala. When the aroma starts coming, add ginger paste, and stir for a min.
- Then add the Yogurt and stir again. Afterwards add the kiss-miss/Raisins, red/green chili paste , salt and turmeric powder.Stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add the Cauliflower, green peas and cook them for a min.
- Add salt and pinch of sugar to taste.
- Pour the coconut milk and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Simmer it for 10 mins.
- Your Cauliflower in Coconut Gravy is now ready to be served with Puri/Luchi/Polao.