Chop has been always a very special Indian food and Chicken Chop probably the most delicious of all of them. This Chicken Chop always makes me remember the rainy season, when my mom used to make it at home.
Chicken Chop is a perfect evening snack. We used to sometimes get these from the nearby shop & fry at home. You can also make the patty ready and fry it later during serving.
Chop is probably the most common street food in India. You may not get good quality Chicken Chop outside, so making it at home is not only heather but you can also eat more 😉
See here how I have prepared the patty before frying. Make sure not to fry too much.
The boiled egg inside the Chicken Chop really adds the extra flavor, which you will feel in the very first bite itself.
You can adjust how much spice amount to make it more hot. I have used little bit of mashed potato as a binding agent, don’t add too much of it, otherwise the original taste of chicken may get lost.
- 300 gm Chicken Keema
- 1 Piece Potato (boiled and mashed)
- 2-3 Eggs (boiled)
- 3 Tablespoons Finely chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Green Chili
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (roasted and ground)
- 2 Teaspoon Chat Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder ( Cinnamon,Cardamoms,Cloves)
- Salt (As Per Taste)
- Sugar (Pinch Off)
- Bread Crumbs
- Rice Powder
- Beaten Egg
- Vegetable Oil
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a cooking pan and add chopped onion and stair them for few minutes,then add chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté them for few minutes.
- Now add chicken keema and cook for 5-10 minutes. When the keema has been almost cooked then add mashed potato, chopped Cilantro, chopped green chili, lemon juice, red chili powder, coriander powder, chat masala, garam masala powder and salt, sugar and mix them well.
- The mixture is now ready and let it cool down.
- Cut the each boiled egg in four pieces horizontally, then make the patty (chop) using the chicken keema keeping one piece of egg inside.
- Take three bowel, take beaten egg in fist bowel, rice powder and bit of red chili powder (here red chili powder is totally optional) in second bowel and bread crumbs in the last one.
- First of all dip the chicken chop/patty in the beaten egg, then roll it in rice powder and at last roll it in bread crumbs.
- Now in order to deep fry the Chicken Chop, heat oil in a pan in medium flame.
- Deep fry them one by one until it's nice golden brown. Keep them on a paper towel to soak the excess oil (if any )
- Now your chicken chop is ready, serve with your favorite sauce and hot tea.