This is a secret recipe of my mother. She used to make this and we (Me & Dad) used to relish this wonderful soup during the cold winter season. One Sunday it was snowing heavily and we wanted to have something warm. I found some chicken in the refrigerator that we had frozen few days ago and decided to make this soup. My husband liked it so much that he finished 3 bowls of the soup and skipped his lunch.
He was craving for Garlic bread but we didn’t have any. So I used the normal bread and made Garlic bread with that. Its a very easy recipe and you can make it in few minutes.
I have made this Chicken Soup for our relatives here, they had appreciated a lot and also wanted to know the recipe. I hope you all will also enjoy this delicious Chicken Soup as we all did !
- ½lb ( 225gm) Chicken - boneless ( small piece )
- Vegetable Oil
- 4-5 pieces Cardamon
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Whole Black Pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- ½ Tablespoon Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1 Carrot
- ¼ Green Papaya
- 1 Medium sized Potato
- Fresh Beans ( few of them )
- 2-3 Mushroom ( Optional )
- 1 Onion ( Cut in square pieces )
- 1 Tomato ( Cut in square pieces )
- Green Peas
- 1 Cup ( 250ml) Milk
- ½ - 1 Tablespoon Corn Flour ( Corn Starch)
- Salted Butter
- ¼ Tablespoon Black Pepper power
- Crush the Whole Black Pepper, Cardamon & Cinnamon.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker ( you can use a big bowl also ) in medium flame.
- Put the crushed Cardamon, Black Pepper & Cinnamon in the oil.
- Add the chicken and stir it for few minutes until it becomes whitish.
- Add all the vegetables expect Onion, Tomato & Mushroom and stir them for 3 minutes.
- Then add the Salt, chopped Ginger & Garlic and stir again for 5-7 minutes.
- When the vegetables are slightly boiled add Onion, Tomato & Mushroom and stir again for 5 minutes.
- Add enough water so that the ingredients(vegetables & chicken) are just dipped into it.
- Wait till one whistle and turn of the frame and wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a small bowl and mix the Milk, Corn Flour, Salted Butter & Black Pepper Powder.
- Add the mixture to the soup and turn on the frame in medium heat.
- Taste and add Salt as needed.
- Bring the Soup to a boil.
- Serve the hot Yami Chicken Soup with Garlic Bread ( I will post the easy way to make home made recipe of Garlic bread soon ).
- You can add additional Butter & Black Pepper on the serving bowl.
Careful with the water contain, don't add to too much or too less.