Coffee and Chocolate Pudding is a classic deserts which you can easily make at home. The creamy chocolatey flavor of outer and inner part of the pudding is just awesome.Specially kids would love this recipe. During my last vacation to India I learnt how to make bread pudding from my mother in law, which I would share later. I wanted to try something different so here is my version of Coffee and Chocolate Pudding.
Look at photograph where I have used only seven ( actually eight ) ingredients. In the photo below I have forgotten to add the coffee. You need to use instant coffee powder.
Always try to use dark chocolate and not milk chocolate since its taste better.I have roughly chopped the chocolate before adding the chocolate.
In the below photographs at first I added 1/2 cup of dust sugar, 1 tablespoons coffee powder,2 tablespoons cocoa powder,1 tablespoon rice powder,2 tablespoons cornstarch and pinch of salt. Then mixed all the dry ingredients well. Then added milk gradually and continuously started stirring it. The last one is where pudding is gradually getting thicken.
Here is the recipe below.
- 45 gm dark chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Coffee Powder
- ½ Cup Dust Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt/pinch off
- 2 Cup Whole Milk
- 40 ml Heavy Cream
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Finally Chopped Almonds
- Chop the chocolates in small pieces and keep them aside.
- Take a deep nonstick pan and add the following ingredients one by one.
- At first add ½ cup of powder sugar,1 tablespoon coffee powder,2 tablespoons Cocoa powder,1 tablespoon rice powder,2 tablespoons cornstarch and pinch of salt.
- Mix all dry ingredients well. Now its time to add the whole milk gradually. You need to continuously stir it.
- Place the nonstick pan on gas top on medium heat and stair again.
- Constantly stir until the pudding is medium thick. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate, heavy cream and vanilla extract and stair for few second.
- Pour the semi thick mixture in a serving bowel.
- Cool the pudding in a room temperature and then refrigerate it.
- Serve it with some chopped almond on top of the Coffee and Chocolate Pudding
Try to use these ingredients in exact measurements as given in recipe.
When the pudding has been Coolen in room temperature keep it in refrigerator ( not freezer)