Today I will show you how to make Easy Fish Taco at home very easily & quickly. You will find the Fish Taco very refreshing and healthy during hot summer. Generally Fish Taco is made with deep fried fish, but in order to make it healthier I am going to shallow fry the fish with very less oil. Fish Taco is a great dish for entreating a large crowd, you can have everyone make their own Taco.
Taco is a traditional Mexican dish, which is composed with tortilla and along with rolled around different type of filling. It is very quick- easy to make and taste is very delicious. Perfect for summer and also perfect for your busy days. The taco can be made with different types of filling, like chicken, beef, pork, seafood, lots of vegetables, cream etc. Even Taco is a very healthy dish.
Well seasoning the fish before frying is very important. This would make the fish very tasty. See below how I have marinated the fish.
I have used French Onion Dip instead of Sour Cream, however you can use any other dipping sauce.
My husband loves to have Taco very much. Whenever we travel to any place, he prefers to eat Taco, mostly from “Taco Bell”. He talks about the fish Taco he used to have at his previous office cafeteria.I wanted to have something refreshing during hot summer, so finally decided to make the Fish Taco.
Here is another look of the Taco. The Red Cabbage adds crunchiness in every bites. Fish Taco is a very simple and delicious dish. You can make this under 30 mins.
- 2 Fresh Tilapia Fish Fillet (or Cod Fish)
- 1-1½ Teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 2-3 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Spice (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt (As needed)
- 1 Teaspoon black Pepper powder
- Sprinkle Some Oregano
- 1 Medium Size Tomato (De-seeded & Chopped)/ (Alternative - Cherry Tomato)
- ½ Medium Size Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
- Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno
- Squeeze Some Lime Juice (According To Your Taste)
- Salt (As needed)
- Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Avocado
- Hand Full of Cilantro Leafs
- Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ Cup Water
- 1 Large Garlic Cloves
- Finely Chopped Red Cabbage
- Lime juice
- Onion Dipping Sauce/ Sour Cream (You Can Also Use Ranch / Any Kind of Your Personal Favorite Sour Cream)
- At First take the fish fillets in a plate and marinate them with the listed item (Fish Seasoning Ingredients), and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Now Heat a non-stick pan over medium flame and take some oil on the pan, cook both side of the fish. (You can also use griddle to cook the fish fillet.)
- Take it out from skillet and flake the fish with fork.
- Keep it aside.
- Chop the red onion, cut the tomato into small pieces, chop the jalapeno, cilantro and combined all these ingredients along with some lime juice.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Now your salsa is ready.
- Peel the Avocado, then cut into small pieces.
- In a food processor add the avocado, cilantro,greek yogurt,garlic cloves,water and make a tick paste.
- Add salt and lime juice according to your taste.
- Your Avocado-Cilantro Dipping sauce is ready.
- Finely chop the red cabbage and put them in a bowel.
- Add salt, pepper, lime juice and mix them well. Keep it aside.
- Heat a flat skillet in medium flame and warm up the tortillas ( both the side ).
- To assemble the tacos, place the tortilla in a plate, put red cabbage salad, a heaping spoon of cooked flaked fish, tomato-onion salsa, avocado-cilantro dips and french onion dip ( or sour cream).
- After assembling serve the tacos immediately.