Who does not love Gobi Manchurian? This is an ubiquitous food available almost everywhere in India and abroad. Now a days you can also get cauliflower (gobi) across the year. We love to order Gobi Manchurian all the time at our favorite restaurants but making this food at home is incredibly easy.
The batter needs to be coated properly on the Florets. Refer the picture below.
To make the Gobi Manchurian more crispy, fry the florets two times before tossing into the sauce. The picture below has been taken after first fry. If you are planning to fry twice, make sure they are not over fried, otherwise the Florets will burn.
You can serve the Gobi Manchurian as an appetizer or also with Fried rice.
- 1lb ( 450gm ) Cauliflower/Gobi
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- ½ Tablespoon Ginger finely chopped
- ⅛ Teaspoon Red Chili power
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cumin power
- ½ ( 225ml ) Cup All Purpose Flour ( Maida )
- ½ Tablespoon Rice Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Corn Flour
- Pinch of Backing Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Power
- Green Chili finely chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Soya Sauce
- 4-5 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Finely chopped
- 11/2 Tablespoon Garlic Finely chopped
- 5 Tablespoons Onion Finely chopped
- Green Chili
- ½ Cup Capsicum
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soya Sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon Vinegar
- ¼ Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Break the Gobi/Cauliflower in medium size floret. Take a pot of water, add salt and bring it to a boil. Put the Cauliflower florets into the hot water and blanch them for 7-12 minutes.
- Put Cornflower, Rice flour, All purpose flour(Maida), Backing soda, chopped Garlic, Finely chopped ginger, Cumin powder, Red chili powder, Black pepper ,Green chili, Soya sauce salt in a bowl and add water to make a smooth batter without lump.
- Dip each floret into the batter and deep fry them in a medium flame until they turn into golden brown.
- Heat oil in a skillet/cooking pan. Add chopped Ginger, chopped Garlic, Onion, Green chili, Capsicum and sauté them out.
- Then add Red Chili Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Soya Sauce, pinch of salt and stir it well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fried cauliflower, vinegar, and chili flakes and toss everything.
- Now Gobi Manchurian is ready for serve. Sprinkle spring onion while serving.
2. If you want to make more gravy add little water but the crispiness will be gone. This recipe is at its best when made without any water.