This is a very special type of food since many people may not know Banana Skin could be this tasty. We generally make food with the Raw Green Banana but always throw the skin. I was actually making another recipe [will post that soon] where I was using the Banana, then decided to make this dish also. It is very easy to make and goes very good with rice, daal and ghee.
This is the first time my husband had this food and he was amazed (he actually took the plates from the picture above and had his lunch). Initially I was confused whether to give this recipe to the blog, since I only made it for him, but after having one patty he encouraged me to disclose this recipe to the blog.
I got very good feedback from my mother-in-law also, try this when you are making something else with the Banana.
UPDATE – 2/28/2016:
- 2 Raw Green Banana
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin power
- ¼ Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 2 Green Chilis
- ⅛ Teaspoon Rice Flour
- ⅛ Teaspoon Corn Flour
- ¼ All Purpose Flour ( Maida )
- Vegetable Oil / Mustered Oil
- Boil the Bananas in water (Its recommended to use Pressure Cooker ).
- Then peel the skin from the Banana place and chop it well.
- Put the chopped Banana Skin in a mixture / grinder.
- Add Green Chili, Salt (as per taste) & pinch of Sugar on the Banana Skin and make a paste.
- Take out the paste from the mixture / grinder to a bowl and add Cumin power, Chili Flakes (as per taste), Rice Flour, Corn Flour and All Purpose Flour (Maida) and mix them well with the paste.
- Make small patties from the paste.
- Heat oil in a deep Pan (Skillet) and fry the patties.
- Serve hot with Rice & Daal.
Try not to use water while making the paste. If your paste is little watery you can more All Purpose Flour ( Maida ) to make it dry.
You can also shallow fry the patties using less oil, but it may not be crispy.