Who doesn’t love Chicken Wings ? Today I will show you How to make Chicken Wings in Oven with Honey Mustard sauce. My version of this chicken wings are absolutely delicious and mouth watering. You should be able to make these for a large group easily. I initially thought of deep frying the chickens, however later changed my mind considering the healthy alternative to make this in oven.
Everybody loves to have chicken Chicken Wings when watching live matches (Games). Generally we order buffalo wings from restaurants, however I was totally bored with the same taste. Also in restaurants, they mostly deep fry the wings before tossing them in sauce, which is not a very healthy option. Since I wanted something healthy and delicious for my family, I choose to make them in oven.
As you know boys are always impatient about food, my husband would ask whether the wings are ready in every 10 mins, when the game (match) is going on.I was also looking to avoid the tossing step just to reduce the preparation time, however of course without compromising any taste.
I made the marination mix using a combination of many ingredients which will add all the flavors. I also avoided use of any flour to make this extra healthy for my family.
The marination mix would be thick. You need to take the chicken pieces one by one and make a nice layer of the marination mix on top the chicken. See how I have done is below.
The grill mark on the chicken pieces would add the additional texture. Serve them hot to your family with your favorite dipping sauce and you will be totally be amazed after having them.
I used to make the regular wings buffalo wings (See the recipe below), however wanted to try out some new and unique recipe. These Chicken Wings in Oven with Honey Mustard sauce are really special.
Here is another look of the Chicken Wings in Oven with Honey Mustard sauce. Feeling hungry? Check out the full recipe below.
Find the full recipe here. I have only used very few easily available ingredients. Every bite of this Chicken Wings in Oven with Honey Mustard sauce would bring party to your mouth.
- 8 Pieces of chicken wings (Bone in & skin on)
- 1½ Tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chili Paste (You can adjust it according to your taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tablespoons Soya Sauce
- 2-3 Teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1½ Tablespoon Mustard Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme leave
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Rosemary leave
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Pinch of Sugar
- Marinate the chicken with salt and pepper powder then marinate the chicken pieces for 15 -20 minutes.
- Take a mixing bowl, add all marination items which are listed above under second marination list.
- These are (garlic paste, red chili paste, honey, mayonnaise, soya sauce, rice wine vinegar, mustard sauce, dried thyme, dried rosemary,pinch of sugar, sesame oil ).
- Give it a good mix. Now add the chicken pieces into the marination and mix them well.
- Cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil & keep them in refrigerator.
- Marinate them at least for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours of marination, preheat the oven at 350F/180C.Brush the baking tray with vegetable oil( or you can also use vegetable cooking oil spray).
- Place the chicken pieces on the try and grill them for 30-40 minutes in oven.
- In every 15 minutes flip or turn them and brush with oil.
- You can also use your outdoor grill for this recipe.
- Now your yummy dish is ready to be serve, before serving sprinkle some sesame seeds over it,(optional).
- Serve it hot with ranch or your favorite sauce.