Manchurian is a very popular Indo-Chinese recipe. I wanted to try out a Manchurian recipe without the meat, however didn’t want to compromise on the taste. Although this Mushroom Manchurian is a vegetarian recipe, it’s delicious & mouthwatering. You should try this out even if you are a non-vegetarian. The Semi-Crispy seasoned mushrooms with the sautéed vegetables mixed in spicy sauce is a very well balanced dish.
You can make this Mushroom Manchurian either semi dry or gravy, personally I don’t like the gravy here since the Mushroom will became very soggy. I love plain noodles with Mushroom Manchurian, you can try fried rice also.
We may think that the mushrooms are not very heathy like meat or other vegetables however, mushroom has lots of health benefits.It contains fiber,potassium and Vitamin C, which helps to control the blood pressure. The vitamin D in mushroom has also inhabit the growth of cancer cell,on the other hand it also help to control blood sugar and insulin level.
Let’s have a quick look which ingredients I have been used for Mushroom Manchurian.
The recipe is very easy to make, basically its a five step process to make Mushroom Manchurian.
Here is the another look of my version of Mushroom Manchurian.
Here is the full recipe.
- 300gm Button Mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Teaspoons Rice Flour
- Salt ( as needed)
- Black pepper Powder( as you wish)
- Water (for make a thick better)
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3-4 Whole Dried Red Chilis
- 1 Cup Medium size Chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Medium Size Chopped Bell Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Soya sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Garlic Sauce (Red Chili Sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- Sugar (as needed)
- Salt(as per taste)
- ¼ Cup warm Water( for gravy)
- Make a batter with all Purpose Flour, Rice Flour, Corn Starch, Salt, Pepper, Water.
- Dip the mushrooms in the batter and deep fry it, keep it in a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Take a skillet in a medium to high flame, add 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add 3-4 whole dried red chili.
- When the aroma comes out add chopped ginger & garlic then stair for few second.
- Add chopped onion then cook for few minutes unit onion became translucent.
- Add chopped bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes until bell pepper became soft.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, add mushrooms, salt, pepper and chili flakes then stir for few minutes.
- It is time to add all the sauces one by one. Add Soya sauce, Chili garlic sauce (Red Chili Sauce), Tomato Ketchup and little bit of sugar then mix them well with sauce.
- For the gravy add ¼ cup of warm water and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some fresh chopped spring onion over it.
- Now your "Mushroom Manchurian" is ready to be served. Serve it with noodles.
Deep fry the mushrooms otherwise mushroom become soft.
Always serve it hot intermediately otherwise the mushrooms might become soggy.
Don't use too much of water because dry Mushroom Manchurian always tastes better.