The Mushroom Soup is a perfect way to start the Sunday morning. The shredded chicken with mushroom in warm creamy white soup is really moth watering.The chicken adds additional flavor and taste to the Mushroom Soup. I had Mushroom Soup at Longwood Garden, it was good but the addition of shredded chicken takes this soup to a whole new level. You can serve this with any bread but Garlic bread would the the best choice.
I made the Mushroom Soup for serving 4 person, however we both finished it in 1 serving. My husband literally ate almost all of it 🙂
- 300gm Mushroom
- 250gm Chicken
- 70gm Butter
- 1½ Teaspoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Half &Half (Condensed Milk)
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock/ Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Fresh Black Pepper Power (As Needed)
- Salt (As Per Taste)
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and boil it for 15 mins, then shred the chicken by hand. Keep it aside.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices and boil them in hot water for few mins and keep them aside.
- Heat skillet in low to medium flame and put butter. Once the butter has been molten, add minced garlic and stir for 1 min.
- Now add mushrooms and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix them well.
- After 2 to 3 minutes add chicken both and immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 15 -20 minutes.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with half and half (Condensed Milk) and pour the mixture in the soup and continuously stir for 15 minutes in low flame until it has been thicken.
- At last add salt and black pepper power as per taste.
- Serve warm in a bowl with garlic bread.
You can also make the Chicken Stock/ Children Broth at home or buy it.
The entire recipe would be in low to medium flame. You want the mushroom & chicken to be boiled and not fried.