Most of the time we talk about non-vegetarian cutlets but often ignore vegetarian ones. Soya ( Nutrela ) is not only a very healthy substitute of protein but could be very delicious too. This recipe, Soya Cutlet is another fine example of that. I had prior experience when my friends who couldn’t find out that this is made of Soya.
I have used Soya mini chunk but you can use regular one as well.
You can see below how I made the patty for the cutlets. You can use other vegetables like Carrot. I had to squeeze the Soya chunks to extract all the water so that the patty can be made easily.
Here is another look of the cutlet. The Soya Cutlet is best when served with tea and Maggi or Mustard sauce ( Kasundi )
Here is the complete recipe :
- 50-60gm Soya
- 3 ½ Tablespoon Finely Chopped Onion
- 1½ Medium Sized Boiled Potato
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garam masala powder (Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom)
- ¼ Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Amchoor Powder
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Coriander leaves.
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Flour (Corn Starch)
- Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Salt(as per test)
- First boil the Nutrela ( Soya ) in water.
- Make soya bean Keema (minced Nutrela) by put them in a mixer/grinder.
- Keep the soya bean Keema in a bowl and add smashed Potato, Finely Chopped Onion, Red chili Powder, Garam Masala(Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom), Coriander Powder, Amchoor Powder, finely chopped coriander leaves and salt (as per test).
- Then blend them nicely by hand and use it to make Cutlet sized patty.You can either make round or square patty.
- Put the Corn Flour (Corn Starch) in a small bowl
- Add ½ cup (125ml) of water, pinch of salt and make a batter (mixture).
- Heat the oil in a deep fry pan.
- Dip the cutlet into the batter and roll it in bread crumbs (repeat this process two times).
- Fry the cutlet until they are golden brown.
- Serve them with tomato sauce or muster pickle (Kasundi).
Squeeze the Soya after boiling so that when you make the paste will all spices there isn't any water left. Otherwise it would be difficult to make the cutlet patty.