Paneer Fry is a very common Indian food but this recipe has been made in a very different way with a very unique taste.It was Saturday, we had a party at night and there wasn’t much left for lunch. I decided to make this Paneer fry and we only had daal in refrigerator. My husband asked me to make a curry but I wanted to have the fry instead.
You can see how the paste looks in the below photo. I had not added the color in this photo, so that you can see how it looks without it. I haven’t used artificial color, rather used Turmeric & Paprika ( Kashmiri Red Chili ) to give the nice red & yellow color.
Fry one piece of Panner and then taste it. Add more Salt, Lemon or Red Chili if needed. Once you fry the Panner the strength of the spices would reduce a lot, so you can add more Lemon & Red Chili if needed. Add one Panner at a time to the hot oil and drain the excess oil using paper towel. Generally this recipe does not go with any sauce but you can serve with your favorite one.
P.S – At the end,the Panner fry came out very good ,we had a fantastic lunch.
- 200gm Paneer
- ½ Tablespoon Ginger paste
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic paste
- Curry Leaves
- Green Chili
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cumin power
- ⅛ Teaspoon Coriander power
- ¼ Teaspoon Garam masala Power( Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom)
- ¼ Teaspoon Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- ¼ Teaspoon Chilli Flakes ( Crushed Red Pepper )
- ¾ Teaspoon Corn Flour (corn starch)
- ½ Teaspoon Rice Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Yogurt (Curd)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ⅛ Teaspoon Black Paper Power
- ⅛ Teaspoon Red Chilli Power
- ¼ Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Power (Paprika Power)
- ¼ Teaspoon Turmeric
- Oil ( Vegetable )
- Put 2 Green Chili and 2 branches of Curry Leaves in a mixture/grinder/food processor and blend them together.
- Then have the Ginger, Garlic paste and the above (Curry Leave, Green Chili ) mixture in a bowl.
- Add Red Chili Power, Rice Flour, Corn Flour (corn starch), Salt (as per taste), Garam masala, Black Pepper powder, Lemon juice, Yogurt/Curd and mix it well to make a paste.
- If you wish not use food color then heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add Turmeric and Kashmiri red chili powder. Stir them well and add it to the paste. This will give a nice color to the Panner. If you have food color add that to the paste instead.
- Cut the paneer in a cube shape and put them into the paste. Marinate the Panner for 1 – 2 hour(s).
- Fry few dried Curry Leaves in oil & keep them separate.
- Heat the frying pan and deep fry all the Panner separately (you can fry 3-4 of them at once but put them in oil separately) until they become golden brown.
- Garnish the fried Panner with fried Curry leaves.
Don't fry the panner for too long.