Paneer Makhani is a very easy recipe to make at home and it becomes even more tasty when taken with Garlic naan. Paneer Makhani is also a very popular recipe in North India. It takes fractions of time and effort to make Paneer Makhani compared to other similar Paneer recipes.
You can add more half & half or fresh cream to make more gravy. I wanted have the Paneer Makhani bit dry since I had planned to have it with rumali roti.
Hope you will enjoy the Paneer Makhani recipe.
- 400gm Paneer
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste
- ¾ Cup Tomato Puree
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika Powder / Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1-2 Teaspoon Green Chili Paste
- 3-4 Tablespoons Onion Paste ( fried ) - See Notes
- ¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves )
- 3-4 Tablespoons Cashew Paste
- ½ Cup Half & Half / Fresh Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fenugreek Leaves (kasuri methi)
- 45gm Butter
- 2-3 Teaspoons Sugar
- Salt ( As per Taste )
- Cut the Paneer in small cubes. Boil some water in a bowl , add pinch of salt , add the paneer pieces and take them out with in a min.This will make the Paneer very soft.
- Shallow fry the Paneer in Vegetable Oil. Don't fry them too much otherwise they will become harder. Keep them aside.
- Then cut the Onion in square pieces and shallow fry them in Vegetable Oi for few mins until they are transparent. Put them in a blender and make a paste.
- Also cut some green chili and make a paste.
- Take a skillet in medium flame, add the butter, once it has been melted add the ginger paste and stir them for 1 min.
- Add the Onion paste and stir again for few mins. Since the Onion was already sauteed, you don't have to cook for long.
- Afterwards, add Red Chili Powder, Paprika Powder / Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder , Garam Masala Powder and Green Chili Paste. Stir for few mins so that the masala will be cooked.
- Add the Tomato Puree and stir for 1 min. Add ½ Cup of water and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Then add the Cashew Paste and mix it nicely.
- After few mins, add the Half & Half / Fresh Cream.
- Now add the Sugar and Salt.
- Finally add the Fried Paneer, reduce the flame to simmer/low and cover the skillet with a lid for 5-6 mins.
- Remove the lid and add the crushed Fenugreek Leaves (kasuri methi) and mix well.
- Your yummy yummy Paneer Makhani is now ready for serving. Serve it with Garlic naan or rumali roti.
I added more sugar since I like the Paneer Makhani little sweet.