Paneer Tikka is one of the most beloved food to many of us, however we always find it difficult to make it at home since most of us don’t have the Grill. Its true that if you use electric/gas drill you will be able to make the best Tikka, but we dont have the option to use it all the time so I used an alternative way to make it at home.
I have used a Griddle to grill the Paneer Tikka.Heat the griddle to 400-450 degree Fahrenheit and place the Tikka stick on it.
Its a slow cooking process so don’t try to make this in hurry. Relax seat back and turn the Tikka in regular interval. Don’t forget to brush butter when you rotate them.
- 200gm Paneer
- 2 -3 Tablespoons Butter
- ¼ Teaspoon Carom seeds(Ajwain)
- ¼ Cup Gram flour(Besan)
- ½ Cup yogurt (Curd)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Kashmiri Red chilli Powder (Paprika powder)
- 1-1½ Teaspoon Red chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala Power( cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom)
- Salt ( as per test )
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Finely Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil/Vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Green, Red, Yellow Bell pepper ( Capsicum )
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Grill stick/ Tikka Stick
- Heat the skillet (cooking pan) in low flame and put butter.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of carom seeds and ¼ cup Gram flour (Besan) then continuously stir it, until you get the flavor.
- Then pour the mixture in a bowl and add ½ cup yogurt, Kashmiri red chili powder(paprika powder),red chili powder, Garam masala power (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom), Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek Leaves ), Ginger paste, Garlic paste, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves ,salt (as per test) and create a mixture.
- For coloring, you can put some mustard oil (or vegetable oil) in a cooking pan (skillet) and add Turmeric powder and stir. Add this to the mixture and mix it well.
- Cut the Bell Peppers (Capsicum) and Paneer in a square shape and put them into the mixture.
- Marinate the them for 1 hour.
- Soak the sticks in to the water.
- Use Skewer to arrange the vegetables and paneer.
- Grill the Panner tikka for 15-30 minutes in 450F.
- Rotate them in every 3-5 minutes and brush butter.
- Don’t overcook the Panner tikka as they will become dry and hard.
- Arrange it in a plate and serve the yummy Paneer Tikka hot with lemon !
Crush the Fenugreek (Kasuri Methi) in hand.
You can use food color if needed.