Roasted Red Pepper Pasta introduces a modernized outlook over traditional pasta dishes. A sweet touch brought in by the roasted red bell pepper adds an extra dimension to this already delicious recipe.Use of any kind of meat is optional so I have used button mushroom to bring diversity in the dish.We will create the pasta sauce by adding fresh parsley, roasted garlic, roasted shallot and lime juice.
How to make Roasted Red Pepper:
Cut the top and bottom part of the Red Bell Pepper, then cut in half and spread them to lay flat. Now you can use grill/oven/griddler to roast them. First brush oil in the below surface and keep the pepper, turn them few time. Use medium heat and once the pepper becomes soft take them out of the grill/oven/griddler.
In case you don’t have grill/oven/griddler, you can use a non-stick/cast iron skillet and follow the same process.
Here is the picture of the Roasted Red Pepper which I have made using a griddler.
In order to elevate the flavors of the pasta sauce, we will use roasted red onion (or shallot) and roasted garlic. Use the same process to roast the garlic and onion. You need to cut the onion in large pieces and don’t peel the garlic cloves. Once the garlic has been roasted it will be soft, then peel them, one by one.
Here is another look of the Roasted Red Pepper Pasta. You can use any types of pasta, I find the Campanelle Pasta to be a perfect companion for this recipe.
Put the roasted red pepper in a blender and add fresh parsley, roasted garlic, roasted shallot, lime juice,Thyme, olive oil, salt & sugar. I also had added pinch of cayenne powder for the extra kick and color. You can also add Parmesan Cheese. Make a fine paste and keep it aside. You can see below how my pasta sauce looks like.
The ingredients used in my version of Roasted Red Pepper Pasta are ubiquitous. You should try this at home. This pasta is also healthy since we have not added any cheese or nuts while making the sauce.
When you make the pasta sauce, taste it frequently to adjust the salt, sugar, spice and tangy level. Here is the full recipe & I hope you will enjoy this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta very much.
- 1 Big Red Bell Pepper (Roasted)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley
- 4 - 5 (30gm) Large Cloves of Garlic (Roasted)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 Small Red Onion/Shallot (Roasted)
- 1½ Teaspoon Lime juice
- ¼ Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Salt (as needed)
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cayenne Powder (as needed)
- 250gm Campanelle Pasta
- 300 gm Mushroom (shallow fry with salt & pepper)
- ½ Teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder
- 3-4 (25gm) Cloves of Garlic
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cut the top and bottom part of the Red Bell Pepper, then cut in half and spread them to lay flat. Now you can use grill/oven/griddler to roast them. First brush oil in the below surface and keep the pepper, turn them few time. Use medium heat and once the pepper becomes soft take them out of the grill/oven/griddler.
- Use the same process to roast the garlic and onion. You need to cut the onion in large pieces and don’t peel the garlic cloves. Once the garlic has been roasted it will be soft, then peel them, one by one.
- Cut the roasted pepper, shallot ( red onion) in small pieces and put them in a food processor. Crush the roasted garlic and add that too. Then add the following, chopped fresh parsley, lime juice,Thyme, olive oil, salt & sugar. Make a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Add water and salt to a large pot, put it on medium heat and wait until the water started boiling. Put the pasta & boil them as per package instruction. Once the pasta is soften enough then drain the water. Keep ¾ CUP of boiled water aside.
- Take a wok/large skillet and add 1ts of oilve oil. Add the mushroom, add salt and black pepper powder. Cook the mushrooms and keep them aside.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the same skllet/wok, then add 1½ tbs chopped garlic & ¼ teaspoon of chili flakes. Sauté them for 30 sec.
- Add mushroom and stair for few second. Now add pasta and mix everything.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium, add ¾ cup of pasta water. Add the mayonnaise and pinch of salt. Cook until pasta has proper consistency of water.
- Add the prepared Pasta Sauce (It was around 9 Tablespoon for me). Mix everything well and cook for few mins. Adjust the salt and sugar.
- Now your Roasted Red Pepper Campanelle Pasta is ready, serve it hot.