This Sabudana Khichdi is a very yummy and tasty recipe, perfect for evening snacks, breakfast or brunch. You should be able to make this recipe in 15-20mins with the soaked Sabudana. My version of this Sabudana Khichdi is also a perfect companion for small parties and gathering. It’s not only healthy but filling too. We generally make Sabudana Khichdi during puja like Navaratri, Mahashivaratri, Ekadashi etc, however this recipe is so tempting that you will make at home frequently.
As many of you already know I make Sabudana Khichdi almost every alternative Saturday and as evening snacks. It’s not only easy & quick to make, you can’t really go wrong with this Sabudana Khichdi. You just need to follow the steps and it will be yummy every time you prepare.
Sabudana is full of energy and carbohydrates. There also lots of health benefit of sabudana, firstly it helps your muscle strengthen, improve bone health, keeps your blood pressure under control, also helps to increase your energy level, prevents birth defects etc.
You can see all the ingredients, which I have been used here. This recipe is very quick, healthy and tasty too. I would suggest you to try this Sabudana Khichdi recipe once at home.
In Sabudana Khichdi the most important step is to make the Sabudana soaked perfectly. You need to adjust the water & Sabudana ratio appropriately. You can refer the ratio mentioned in the full recipe. Notice below ( in the picture ) that the soaked Sabudanas are not sticking to each other and soft too.
In this SabudanaKhichdi I have used little bit oil or ghee, but the taste of the dish is very nice.
Generally often we think sabudana is not very tasty food but thisSabudana Khichdi give you a different definition and make you hungry for more.
I have learned this Sabudana Khichdi from Abhisek, however his friend from Gujarat, named Neha taught him when he was at NJ.
Wanted to provide a guideline on the taste here.
Here is the full recipe.
- 2.5 Cups Sabudana / Tapioca Pearls
- 1.5 Cups Water
- ½ - ¾ Cups Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee/Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Teaspoon Whole Cumin
- 2 Green Chilies
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Medium Sized Potato (Boiled, peeled & cut into small cubes)
- 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Handful of Coriander Leaves
- Salt (as needed)
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- Salt (As needed)
- At first we need to soak the Sabudana / Tapioca Pearls overnight or at least for 5 -6 hours to make them soft. You need to use exact ratio of water & sabudana given above and make sure the sabudana is not over soaked and soggy. This is the most important step of this recipe.
- Boil and peel the potato. Cut into small cubes, keep them aside.
- Dry roast the peanut till they turn into brown, let it cool for sometime and grind them in a food processor to make powder.
- Take a big mixing bowl, add soaked sabudana, dry roasted peanut powder, salt and mix everything well together, keep them aside.
- Heat ghee or vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet, add whole cumin, two chilies (chopped). When they crackle add boiled potato and red chili powder & sauté for 1-2 minutes. Now add the sabudana and mix them all together.
- Add roasted cumin powder, chaat masala. Cook the sabudana for 5-6 minute until the sabudanas become softer. Make sure that the sabudanas don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Don’t overcook your sabudana, otherwise it become hard.
- At last adjust the salt and sugar and mix everything well.
- Now your sabudana khichdi is ready to serve, before serving garnish with chopped coriander leaves and drizzle lime juice.
- Serve your Sabudana Khichdi hot.