Savory Bread Roll is a perfect weekend breakfast recipe. Once you are inside the soft outer layer of bread, the molten cream cheese covering the aromatic chicken and vegetables would definitely bring a party in your mouth. I have used only few ingredients to make this Savory Bread Roll which is probably already available in your refrigerator. We all wants something special during weekend breakfast, specially Kid would just love this Savory Bread Roll.
Here is the list of vegetables & meat I have used, Chicken, Onion, Bell Peppers & Mushrooms. You can use red meat as well for this. I have used color Bell Pepper, however the Green ones just be fine in case you don’t have the red/yellow/orange ones.
I have lightly sautéed the vegetables before adding the chicken. You can use cooking Olive oil or Regular Vegetable oil.
Add the Chicken and herbs, the mix them together. The dry herbs adds lots of flavor.
Here is another look of the Savory Bread Roll.
Find the full recipe here.
- Chicken Breast ( baked and chopped)
- 1.5 Cup of Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Cup of Chopped Color Bell Peppers
- ½ Cup of Chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil/ Vegetable oil
- Bread Slice 6-8
- Red Chili Flakes
- Black Pepper Powder
- Dried Oregano Leaves
- Dried Basil leaves
- 2 Eggs
- Philadelphia Vegetable Cream Cheese
- Marinate the chicken breast with salt , pepper powder, garlic powder and olive oil for 15mins.
- Then bake it for around 20 minutes. Afterwards, cut the Chicken into small pieces, keep them aside.
- Take a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of oil.When the oil has been hot enough add Chopped onion, sauté it for few second.
- Once the onion has been translucent, add chopped bell peppers, mix them well and cooked for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper powder & chili flakes. Now it is time to add mushrooms and sauté those until the veggies are soft.
- At last add the baked chicken pieces, little bit of dried Basil leaves and Dried Oregano to add some extra flavor. Mix all of them together. Now your stuffing is ready.
- Break the egg, add salt, black pepper powder and chili flakes then whisk them thoroughly.
- Cut the edge of the bread slices and roll them in a rolling pin to make flat sheets.
- Now apply good amount of Philadelphia vegetable cream cheese over the bread.
- Put the stuffing in one side of the bread, roll and lightly press to make the rolls. Be gentle with the hands because the bread could be very soft.
- Heat a flat skillet and add some butter on it. When the butter has been melted, deep the bread rolls into the egg batter and shallow fry each roll very carefully.Cook them for few minutes in low to medium flame. Turn them over unit it has golden brown.
- Now your Savory Bread Roll is ready to be served hot with your favorite juice.