Seekh Kabab – Kebabs on Skewers are one of the most popular Kabab/Kebab. They are made with minced meat, you can use lamb, beef, goat or chicken meat. Generally we try the Seekh Kabab at restaurants however making them at home is incredibly simple. Among all different types of Kabab, the Seekh Kabab is very unique and most delicious.
You might have noticed I haven’t posted new recipe in last few weeks. Unfortunately my father is law had sudden cardiac arrest and he was hospitalized. Let us all pray for his recovery.
Seekh Kabab needs to be grilled, so you can use a traditional grill or griddles. In case you don’t have any of that you can use a heavy bottom pan or grill pan.
It’s easy to make the Seekh Kabab very tasty and full of flavor. We will be mixing several spices to the minced chicken. You can make this for a large group or party. I have used minced Chicken for this Seekh Kabab. Sometimes you will get the prepared minced chicken at the store, which can also be used.
Hope you will enjoy this Seekh Kabab very much. You can find many other delicious mouth watering recipe in my blog.
- 600 gm minced chicken
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Coriander leaves /Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder (or as per your taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fenugreek Leaves
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chat Masala Powder (optional)
- 1½ Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt (as needed)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter/White Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Roasted Gram flour (For binding)
- In a large bowel add minced chicken; combine with chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, and chopped cilantro and mix them well.
- Now time for assembling all the dry spices one by one. Add red chili powder, dry roasted cumin powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, green cardamom powder, black pepper powder, fenugreek leave, chat masala, lime juice, salt mix all the ingredients well.
- Marinate the whole keema mixture for 1-2 hour.
- Before making of seek kabab always soak the stick in the water for half an hour. Keep a bowel of water ready by your side. Now wet your hands in the water take small portion of chicken mince in your palm and keep pressing the kabab on these skewers.
- Keep wrapping or pressing the chicken kabab on the skewers till they are at least 5-6 inches long. Repeat the same process rest of the skewers. Keep them aside.
- Grease the butter/vegetable oil/olive oil in electric griddles. Now place kabab in the griddles, apply butter or oil on the top and cook both sides slowly. If you don’t have griddles you can use heavy bottom pan and maintain the flam o medium low. Always turning the kabab occasionally, which will help your kabab cooked both the side.
- Now your kabab is ready to be served. Serve hot with your favorite sauce.