The Spicy Honey Chicken Bites is a very delicious recipe which I specially made for the New Year’s Eve celebration. Many of you might be looking for a quick & easy recipe which can make everyone very happy. This Spicy Honey Chicken recipe can be made under 30 mins.
See below the list of ingredients, which probably are already available at your home. In case you don’t have rice flour at home you can make it at home instead of purchasing. I have used boneless & skinless chicken breast and then have cut the chicken into small cubes.
The chopped garlic & onion are the main ingredients of the topping along with the sauces which are listed below. The idea is to make the topping hot, spicy, tangy and sweet which will make the chicken bites unforgettable. I have added a pinch of red chili flakes here, you can also substitute it with fresh green chili.
This Spicy Honey Chicken Bites has always been a big success for me whenever I have made this. Hopefully this will also impress you can your family.
- 300gm Chicken
- 11/2 Tablespoon Vinegar for Marination
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- Coriander Leaves ( Cilantro )
- 4 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour ( Maida )
- 2 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- Black Pepper Powder
- Vegetable oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1½ Tablespoon Finally Chopped Garlic
- 4-5 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Onions
- 1½ Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 4 Teaspoons Soya sauce
- 4 Teaspoons Chili sauce
- 3 Teaspoons Honey
- Salt (as per taste)
- Cut the chicken in small cubes and marinate it with the vinegar for at least ½ hours.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, fresh finely chopped cilantro leaves & salt to the marinated Chicken pieces, mix them well.
- Take another bowel, make a semi thick batter with Maida (All Purpose Flour), rice flower, Cornstarch, salt, black pepper power & water. Make sure that there is no lump in the batter.
- Now Heat oil in a deep fry pan. When the oil is hot enough, dip the chicken in the batter and deep fry them until they are golden brown. Keep the chicken pieces aside in a paper towel in order to soak the excess oil. (The batter shouldn’t make a thick layer of coating on the chicken)
- Take another skillet and add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add finely chopped onion & finely chopped garlic, then sauté for few minutes. Now add lime juice, soya sauce, chili sauce, honey & black pepper powder. You can also add little bit of chili flakes then continuously stir for 1 -2 minutes.
- Now your Spicy Honey Chicken Bites is ready for serving. Place them in a plate and spread the topping over it.