Spring Roll basically originated from East and South East Asia however now a days has become as ubiquitous food across the globe. The crispy outer wrapper filled with vegetable and chicken makes the Spring Roll irresistible to anyone.
I had the Spring Roll in Kolkata as well as in few Thai restaurants here. Whenever we used to order the Spring roll, Abhisek always refers to his colleague Jenny, who used to make amazing spring roll at home. I then decided to make this at home to impress him. I was surprised to find out how easy it is to make the Spring Roll, and at the end I could say Mission Successful ! Abhisek was very impressed and I too enjoyed a lot.
You can see how I have cut the vegetables. I have sliced them so that they can be nicely filled inside the roll. Boil the chicken breast and make the shredded chicken from it. You can add pinch of salt in water while boiling the chicken.
I had mixed the ingredients in a bowl. This itself looks very beautiful and can be taken as salad too.
I have taken photographs in each step while making the roll so that you can follow along easily. I purchased the Spring Roll Wrapper/Sheet from nearby Chinese store, generally you can find them in the freezer section.
You can refer below the texture of the Spring Rolls after they are ready. You can serve them hot with sweet & sour sauce.
Once you fry the Spring Rolls, the wrapped vegetables will be properly cooked, don’t they look yummy ?
The Spring Rolls were just like you can get in restaurant. We couldn’t really resist ourselves, started eating even before taking the photos. Spring rolls are very easy to make and perfect for making your family or guests happy. You can easily make a lot of them for parties also.
After looking the full recipe you can see how easy to make the Spring rolls. You can really put anything in stuffing. In case you are vegetarian you can avoid the meat and use more vegetables.
- 300gm Boneless Chicken Breast (shredded)
- Spring Roll Sheet/Wrapper
- 50gm Red Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 50gm Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- 50gm Carrot (grated carrot)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Soya Sauce
- Salt (as per taste)
- At first make the shredded chicken.
- Now take a bowel, add all ingredients (shredded chicken, red cabbage, spring onion, carrot, garlic, garlic, black pepper powder, soya sauce, salt) and mix them well, keep the mixture aside.
- Peel the wrappers and spread them out, put some stuffing into it and make the roll. Seal the edge of roll with cornstarch mix water. (refer the photos with step by step details).Keep each roll aside.
- Deep fry each roll and put them in pepper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce.