I used to make this yami mouth watering food whenever we used to have guests coming to our house. I always got lots of appreciation from them & I could see how much they are enjoying this. You will feel all the flavors of the Capsicum and Chicken in every bite. My husband ate 3 of them when I made it for him. The good thing is you can make this recipe in bulk for your guests.
You can see the how the Keema has come up before I stuffed it into the Capsicum.
You need to be very careful while stuffing the Keema into the Capsicum. I used a small knife to cut only a small portion, then used my finger to clean the inside. See below how I have stuffed it.
I hope you will also enjoy this recipe as we did all the time. In case you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Find the full recipe here :
- ½ lb ( 225gm ) Chicken Keema (minced)
- 5-7 Bell Paper ( Capsicum / achari Lonkka ) – See Image
- ¼ Cup ( 60ml ) Chicken Stock ( Broth )
- 3½ Tablespoons Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1½ Tablespoon Ginger (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves ( Cilantro )
- ⅛ Teaspoon Red Chili Power ( Hot )
- 2-3 Green Chili (finely chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Flour
- 1½ Tablespoon Corn Flour (corn starch)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Tablespoon Black Pepper Power
- Salt ( as per taste )
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Heat oil in a skillet ( pan ) then put Onion, Garlic & Ginger and stir them for few minutes.
- Add the Keema, Red Chili Power , Salt and pinch of Sugar, then stir well.
- Add Chicken Stock and reduce the flame to low.
- Put ½ Tablespoon Corn Flour to make it sticky.
- Once the Chicken Keema is fully cooked, add Coriander Leaves & Lemon Juice.
- Keep the mixture is a bowl.
- You need the specific type of Bell Pepper (Capsicum / achari Lonkka) for this. Please refer the picture.
- Cut one side of the Capsicum and carefully stuff the Keema into it. – Refer the picture above.
- Put the Rice Flour, 1 Tablespoon of Corn Flour, Egg, Black Pepper Power, Salt in a bowl and make the batter ( mixture ).
- Heat Oil in deep fry pan.
- Dip the stuffed Capsicum into the batter and fry it in the oil.